Makes 6 servings
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes, cubed*
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped*
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¾ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup Marsala wine or ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cups beef broth*
- 1 (20 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 pounds beef stew, cut into 2 inch cubes
Place all ingredients into crockpot starting at the top of the list of ingredients. Add only enough beef broth just to cover the beef and vegetables. Do not fill crock pot too full as it will spill over. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with crusty bread or corn bread.
*feel free to substitute this ingredient with any other root vegetables you have on hand.